Doonan Debutants


No, not a tea cosy.  Well spotted.

C'est un Sac-cadeau Belle Petite - a pretty little gift bag - for gifts, of course.


Adorable Alex made this one.


Alex will present her childhood friend with tickets to the opera - a 50th birthday pressie - in this pretty little knitted gift bag.


Noice.  Real noice.






Doonan Debutants
Just 6 women came to my home in the Noosa hinterland yesterday to learn...

1.  Long tail cast on 
2.  Double Knitting - the basics 
3.  Knitting in the round with the Magic Loop
4.  Making lace holes
5.  Weaving into knitted fabric
6.  i-cord
7.  The tricks of Rose construction


Introducing Gorgeous Gail, Kharismatic Krystle and the Lovely Lisbet



Introducing Adorable Alex, Bubbly Beverly and Bella Bronwyn.

They also learned...

1.  Talking AND knitting is OK
2.  Breaking for Lemon Meringue Pie is OK too.
3.  There is no rest for the wicked
4.  Knitters are wicked

Thanks girls for joining me to knit and talk and eat and play in the first Doonan workshop.  'Twas a real beaut day.  The first of many perhaps. 

Comments

Robin Spencer said…
Wish I'd been there... next time :)
Notjustnat said…
Woo hoo! would you come to my home and teach me to double knit too please? Those ladies look too happy I'm jealous!!!
Chrisy said…
Looks lovely....nice ladies...laughter...arty stuff...oh and that pie!
jwami said…
Can't think of a nicer way to spend a day
Anonymous said…
AaaaHHHHhhAAAAAAAAAA, l thought it was a cosy..Very pretty though.. Best Wishes.. Hahnsmum..
Baa-Me Kniits said…
Looks like it was a great day, and noice...very noice. Great colours too :-)
Sheep Rustler said…
Looks fun, and very noise indeedy :)
Kristina said…
Ohhh, it was a success! I love the gift bag and everything these ladies made - must have been a PERFECT day.
Alex Daw said…
I ate too much pie ;)
Julia said…
Oooohhh Loani, can you please do a "Doonan (2nd)utant" day. Wish I'd known earlier as I'd have Leurved to join in!!!!!! I'm really hoping you will have another day free(ish) soon to do it again!!! Love your stuff!!

Popular posts from this blog

Owl Tea Cosy

Trucker's Blankie