Not ALL about me.

I met Nat here in blogland by a most lucky accident of a mouse click.

Nat lives in Melbourne and came down to Geelong in September to see the results of Forum.  We met - in person for the first time.  Nat joked that we had been internet dating and this was our big reveal.  I liked what I saw.  She was much better than her photo.

Be sure to look at her blog.
Be sure to look at her ....

Japanese Textile Study Tour.

If I liked playing with fabric HALF as much as I like playing with wool, I'd be going with her like a shot.  Nat is one of those GOOD people, from the core, as well as being funny and clever and artistic.



Introducing the African Queen.

NO.  I did NOT design this splendiforous tea cosy.

But I am green with envy.  I wish I HAD designed her.  There just are not enough superlatives to describe her.  Just drink her up in all her glorious exuberance.

Ms Jenny of Capetown designed and made her for a for friend getting married here in Australia just down the road from me.  The African Queen is coming down under.  But sadly not Ms Jenny.  Not this time.

I met Jenny by accident of a mouse click too.  We have become good penpals.  Or is that e-pals.





And then this came via email from Lorraine of Melbourne

This is what she said - and I believe her.

"I thought I would send you this photo which was not a set up just a shot taken on my iphone at home.

I see from your blog that you love cats.  This is my boy Macciato and
your book on the arm of the sofa.  Quite a cute shot!
"

A VERY cute shot which has of course given me an idea.....

Comments

And what a fascinating and very interesting place this old bloggy world is too! Inspiring paths to take in all directions.

LOVE the tea cosy especially.
Sheep Rustler said…
You are either going to knit a teacosy OF a cat or FOR a cat. Or both!
The Duck Herder said…
All HAIL THE QUEEN!

splendid.
Leighknitone said…
Yes, you're going to knit a "cat cosy"
Chrisy said…
Darlin what interesting places your mouse takes you!...and you obviously appeal to felines as well...man that tea cosy is fab...
Baa-Me Kniits said…
I have been reading about that Japanese Textile Study tour and wishing I could go, it sounds amazing. I have contented myself with breeding silk worms with my boys this season ;-) Splendiforous for sure and definitely an African Queen! Gorgeous :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Owl Tea Cosy

Trucker's Blankie