28 March 2011

Just like.....

It is just like Oi always say about remembering how to do shit...

.... it is just like knitting.

This man hadn't ridden a bike in 40 years!!!!

Mind you he suffered pain in all sorts of unspeakable bits at the end of the day....

.... but look at him.... doesn't he look like a boy on a big adventure?!

And yes Oi felt pretty chuffed with moiself too.  'Tis about 15 years for me.

Once my form of travel to and from work, but shy of it after a run in with a turning car and a broken arm.

BUT...

Never say never.

And YES it has been weather for hand knitted socks.

My friend Mrs Olix Dax, Fairy God Mother to my child, Luvvie, knitted me those beautiful blue ones which warmed and protected long lanky feet in Inis Mor.

The brown wool came from a brown sheep in brown Wales, bought in a grey shop in grey Ireland.

Much knitting is being knitted and wool being woolled so that the bottom third of my suit case is lined with it.

Lucky I am excellent packer.

8 comments:

grrl + dog said...

I bet the pockets of your coat will be full of wool on the plane, too.

Luvvie said...

Look at that gorgeous brown wool!!!! Yummy! Lovely pix.....xxxx

Notjustnat said...

I thought he was an Irish man! Hope you took him fishin! Enjoy the rest of your holiday - Hugs Nat

Holly said...

Look like "naturals" on the bikes

little hat said...

Where's yer elmets? Watch out for the goats what want ta head butt ya.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I have wool envy!!! I bet you had some unspeakably sore bits too after 15yrs!

Jacqui and Mick said...

Nothing like a bit of ragged landscape and some Welsh wool (sorry, and a lovely bloke) to smooth one's feathers. Glad you are enjoying your Irish travels x

(and that's all I'm saying about the Welsh wool)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

hi there...thoroughly enjoy reading your blog...ouch, i have a broken arm and One has made my day with the pic on the bike...using both arms!!!