19 August 2010

28 degrees celcius 84 degrees fahrenheit

Ah - the burdens of a knitter's bloke. 

Poor fellow had to wake from his earlier-than-me-to-bed slumber to a bright litght and a ....

"Look Jules.  Look.  I've finished.  Do you like it?  Do you?  Aren't I clever?  Can we go to Hobart. Can we?  Can we?"

It is the 19th August and in the southern most part of subtropical Queensland, verging dangerously on the precipice of a very warm spring.

28 degrees celcius (84 degrees fahrenheit for those preferring not to divide everything by 10) is predicted today.

Or would that be - plunged directly into summer.   And on the very day I finished my jumper.  Grrrrr.
Errrr.  Looks like The Bloke's birthday socks might be a little late off the needles too. 

Oh well.  At least I can join the Top Down Sweater group on Ravelry now.

11 comments:

Notjustnat said...

Very nice jumper with full sleeves at long last ha! Too hot to knit? You go to Tas for the summer, sorry I don't know the history of this - Enjoy your day hot or cold - Hugs Nat

Sue said...

Congratulations on finishing your sweater. Yes we have nice sunny weather today too, for once but I am sure you could pop down to Melbourne and be able to wear it. I like your man's socks too!

Maree: said...

Love the Colours & Pattern in your jumper...apparently we're in for more cold weather so you'll get some wear out of it...
cheers

Deborah said...

Is that jumper pattern your own, I love it.
Deb, from rainy England

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I am loving that jumper, I am going to have to try our some fairisle for myself! Have you seen Do You Mind If I Knit's dress?

It has been a stinker up here too and I was wondering if I would be wearing my beanie again this season but Sept usually has a few fresh days :-)

Olix said...

Wasn't it hot yesterday? The jumper looks beautiful you clever thing....great photo too Mr Bloke wot has been nominated and stuff....like the socks...look at those UFOs flying out the window!!

lilly piri said...

There ought to be a governing body that gives out tickets to cooler climates to anyone who makes such a beauty of a jumper.

Stafford Ray said...

Thank the gods it (the long distance jumper) is finished. and it is me that needs the cup of tea, Bex and a good lie down afther the stress of the wait! Seems like I am not alone in that either!
Good result for the senate, but now we hold our breaths to see what Bob Katter will do, if he ever decides!
Hope it was a great party!

Jacqui said...

Can I borrow that jumper? It's freeezzziiinnnnggg up here. And I'll have some sun too please. While you're at it, got any chocolate? Can't be arsed walking to the shops - it's too cold. Good knitting weather, I hear you say. Alright, alright, I'll have a go at that tea cosy then. Shissh.

grrl + dog said...

the jumper's colors are gorgeous.

Just a quick trip to melbourne is needed...

Stafford Ray said...

I'm back for a second bite because there was no comment on my comment! Ha ha... gotcha! That was a joke Joyce. In fact I came back to bemoan the passing of socks that were made to fit the foot. Then I saw that absolutely gorgeous blue sock and... it just goes to show, if you want it done properly, you knit it yourself. Now that could get me knitting! Seriously!