01 April 2010

So anyway.....

So anyway.....


One IS influenced by one's adventures.

Modern Primitive (featured on the back cover of RWTC) flew into one's head all the way from childish memories of growing up in Papua New Guinea - a lerrrng time ago.








This woolly thing is an interpretation of this.....

photo Courtesy of... taken at the Rabaul Mask Festival in 2004


For those who haven't already heard the age old story....

.... one's name, Loani, spoken Lo-ar-ny,
is a Papuan name and means - wait for it - beautiful flower.

Or 'fertile valley' depending on how many drinks one has had.

(Now be polite)

Noosa tea cosy fetishists came out in droves on Tuesday for high tea at the Blue Angel Restaurant.

I am still trying to fathom the call of the tea cosy.

If more than three people turn up to any gig at all - I am surprised.


click on to embiggen all those smiles


Thank you Dan and Angela for the most delicately delicious fare.




And thank you Annie for taking such good care of me and my books and the whole shebang.

You are a STAR!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly, Truly, Really ,Really ,Really LOVE your New Guinea inspired teacosies, Now These are real groovy.. Regards, Hahnsmum.
Bingara, NSW

Anonymous said...

HAVE to get your Newest book, now wont l.. Then l can scite to my friends & tell them l talked to this famous lady on an email..How cool is that.. Regards, Hahnsmum, Bingara, NSW

jwami said...

Oooohhh, I LOVE it too! Congratulations for drawing the crowds. You are certainly living up to your names - Queen of Tea Cosies, Beautiful Flower.

Ginga Squid said...

Ooooooh that one has got those Crazy Eyes! Tripping! Very cool.

lynne h said...

wow, this tea cosy is one of my all time favorites. everything about it...

god you make me laugh - beautiful flower or fertile valley depending on the number of drinks...

xo

lilly piri said...

That's got to be my favourite tea cosy of yours so far! Dad gave me a papuan second name (piri), but he either doesn't remember what it means or isn't telling. I'm also so glad to hear that grandma was at your book signing, is that her and Jim at the back in one of the photos? I'm sure she loved it.

Sue said...

It's amazing Loani! You are very talented!!

Ms Bubblefish said...

Dammm! My childhood too! Guess I'll have to do primitive now!!!

And don't be surprised at the interest-you are now iconic as well!!!