28 January 2010

Berry Happy Inn - Revising Plans


I have imagined - since last driving through the NSW town of Berry two years ago - that when I grow old and after The Bloke pops off...

(that is assuming of course that I will grow old and that The Bloke will pop off before me)

...I would take a room in the Berry Happy Inn.



The Berry Happy Inn.

I would take a room and live out my days drinking tea and knitting cosies and be hailed as the Berry Mad Woman.

People would come from all over to point and stare and make up stories about lost fortunes and young fancy men.

Sadly I am forced to conjure up some other end of life fantasy - the Berry Happy Inn is no more - and I am bereft.

Berry sad, even.


Little Reveals

Here is a little tidbit, a taste, a tantalise, a tease - tea cosies tea cosies taking over the house - getting ready for 5 displays of 5 cosies each to appear in a bookstore window near you - soon - down under - and The Queen of England willing - in the UK too.

Knit Knit Knit

10 comments:

Don said...

Chunky!

Ginga Squid said...

Berry nice - love those colours!

Chrisy said...

oh dear another dream shattered...can understand why you're very unhappy about the closure of the berry happy inn...never mind...buckingham palace calls...

Luvvie said...

yum yum yum - let me at that wool!!!

VĂ©ronique et Yannis said...

I love colors! why cann't I have somewhere to buy or just to see in a exhibition your creations in France? they are so amazing!

Tea said...

I'm so berry happy for you! (YOU started it!) LOL!
May your fingers fly. :)

Monika said...

Maybe there will be one left over, which I could put in my Bay window?

Too bad about the Berry Happy Inn ....

Knit 'n' Stitch said...

Oh how berry sad. Ahhhhh well it's berry berry cold at Berry :-P Your teasing me because you know I desperately want "Really Wild Tea Cosies" to be among my birthday gifts this year :-D

grrl + dog said...

How things change even in the outer regions.

We are planning to create a mad old lady home for ourselves later on.

Don can come too if he wears a frock, which he will by then as he will be as mad as us.

Jejune said...

GAW-jus! Can't wait to see Book #2 - so berry berry proud of you :D