Letter from a Road Trip - No. 1 - A knitting workshop
Things I learned on The Road Trip.(Yes I know. Ms Yarn Harlot tells us what she learned all the time but damn it - I can do it too.)
1. that Bowral in October is FREEZING!
2. that Wool Addiction is a vewy noice place to visit. Well actchewally I knew that already! I'm just saying it again.
(Yep. Lizzy on the left is a Bikie Chick Knitting Girl.)
4. that some Bikie-Chick-Knitting-Girls think knitting is so important they take two days holiday leave from work and travel all the way from Sydney to Bowral to play knitting.
5. that inviting my girlfriend Alex (top right) of 28 years to accompany me on The Road Trip was one of the best ideas I've had in a long time.
(top left - aka Dorothy depending on who you ask)
7. that other girlfriends, Donna and Mary (top right) have best ideas all the time, running away from Canberra to patchwork gigs and other fun stuff together often.
8. that continental knitters, Anne (bottom left and also from Canberra) prove to be excellent teachers of teachers (moi) and do indeed knit faster than everyone else.
9. that Debbie does tea cosies and not Dallas and that facials at the end of a day's knitting have soporific effects preventing knitting homework to be completed - not that one could tell looking at the cosy.
10. that using the posh digital camera indoors without a flash to pick up the best colour doesn't always make for the clearest picture. My sincerest apologies Judith (left). Love your rose.
11. That wool shop proprietors (that's Jill on the right) like to show off their workshop handywork too.
12. that beautiful young women just out of school can be so clever as to get themselves their first job in a wool shop. How come I didn't think of that?
13. that meeting Hilary (on the right) was just one of the many joys that spending two days in the front room at Wool Addiction provided.
Thank you everyone. What an excellent adventure.