07 September 2009

Here's look'n at you kid

WHAT I DID ON MY HOLIDAYS

What I did on my holidays was visit Perth, waaaay on the other side of Australia. Five hours in the plane.

What I did on my holidays was spend two lovely jubely days with my girlfriend Julie. Together we organised her life in paper.

Pretty special really to share a life's adventures with someone in that way. I thought I knew quite a lot about Julie but there is a deep deep well to know yet.

We threw much out but we kept a great deal too. All the good stuff.

What I did on my holidays was drive out of Perth and fancy myself a lady naturalist, photographing here and photographing there.

The first four are from the side of the road, North of Perth on the way to New Norcia.

The second four are from the Kings Park (central Perth), a most magnificent place to visit at this time of year.

What I did on my holidays was BUY WOOL. Alpaca. Not this Alpaca's but a white Alpaca's, already washed and carded and ready to go.

What I did on my holidays was.....well that is another post.

12 comments:

Wendy Hincks Ward said...

Loani, you've done something with your hair. It seems much coarser, and your fringe is longer ...

I'm just jealous 'cause your hols sound wonderful - I've yet to make it to WA.

And how come they get all the best wildflowers? Lovely pics.
x

mem said...

beautiful beautiful beautiful - and the flowers aren't bad either. Off to New Zealand next week - wool, wool and more wool - yippeeeeee!!!! btw - you should be able to listen if you've got adobe working.

Ginga Squid said...

Ginga dreadlocked alpacas are the coolest!
Fab photos!

monique said...

Hi ,hihi he's very funny,ohh I love the flowers !! I'am a florist so I recognice them all,but we put them in our houses because it's to cold overhere.
Very nice foto's .
Monique

lynne h said...

wow, these flowers!! i don't recognize most of them - maybe they grow in the the U.S. but i've never seen them? they sure are goregeous! thank you for showing us...

Ms Bubblefish said...

Love the post title!!! You quirky thing you!

And look at those luv-er-ly wildlife depictions!

I foresee lots more road trips on the horizon!!!

Plus I expect to see the spun and knitted alpaca asap!!!

Shell Sherree said...

I'm so glad to hear you've been off enjoying yourself, Loani, and with a lovely girlfriend - even better. I've heard so much about the WA wildflowers ~ I see why. How magnificent! {So is your charming woolly friend.}

Jacqui said...

Well that's where you've been! I've been wondering. While you've been wandering. Ahh isn't that nice?

I lived on a school on a farm in one of the particularly weird times in my life and right behind my 'house' were the alpacas. They are freaky animals - they make weird noises like spitting and they used to run at anyone who came near them. Mind you, it was a school full of teenagers so that's not unexpected...

So despite being nearly knocked me off my chair by that hairy mug when I popped by just now, I'm glad to read you had a lovely time away. Your lady naturalist pictures are very noice. Makes me want to draw...

grrl + dog said...

...

hang from the chandeliers???

get to finish that amazinglace 2 ply scarf that I had to frog three times then abandon for an 8 ply with 5mm needles in order to get it?

I am a woolen nymph cirlcing your maypole.

Alison Friday said...

Beautiful pictures, quirky post;-)

Alison said...

Stunning nature photos, sounds/looks like a lovely holiday!

planettreasures said...

amazing flowers!
I'll get over to WA one day when the flowers are in bloom.