Socks Socks Socks Sock

Socks, Socks, Socks, Socks
Socks, Socks, Socks, Socks
(Sung to Micky Mouse Club song)

One is extremely pleased with oneself.

One attempted red lace socks once before.

There were no photographs of the back and sides on THAT occasion.

There is still of course the little matter of a hole at the point where the heel meets the gusset.

Any tips anyone?




Note to Margaret: If you are watching - the pattern is from Vogue Knitting's The Ultimate Sock Book - an all time favourite of mine.


















Introducing:
The Same But Different Noro Stripe Fest Socks












And then there are these.

Rainbow Wools.

Deliciously irresistible from the lunchtime sales in the dining hall at Sturt Winter School, Mittagong. What will I make what will I make what will I make. Perhaps I'll just keep balling them and hanking them, balling them and hanking them for a while.

Comments

mem said…
beautiful beautiful, these socks are gorgeous (to the tune of "A Few of My Favourite Things")
Ginga Squid said…
Very gorgeous! I love the stripefest one - its so yummy.
theemutsfeest said…
Great socks and the wool is gorgeous!! Just look at it for a while!
Knit 'n' Stitch said…
Gob smackingly delicious socks and yarn.

I've never been tempted to knit socks. Not even when I'm longing to buy some of that lovely rainbow coloured sock yarn have I ever wanted to knit socks.

That was last week. After admiring your lovely socks for such a long time, I ran straight down to the craft shop and purchased that rainbow sock yarn and I knitted my 1st sock last night.
Ellen Appleby said…
Show off... and why not! Check out my jewellery...
Purl Buttons said…
Those lace socks are wonderful+. How do you make your heels? I found out if I have extra stitches from the instep stitches on the heel needle (one before and one after the heel stitches)the gap between heel and instep is not as stretched out. Sometimes I have to pick up an extra stitch from inside the sock, twist it, and knit it together with an instep or heel stitch, depending where I am. Then of course, if you are knitting LACE socks, just tell anyone who asks that you liked the lace so much, you couldn't get enough of the tiny, lacey holes and cleverly thought of this cute little place to put another.
Knit 'n' Stitch said…
Re gusset holes....I found these tutorials ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWne5ZKzvXo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOI_oXPm1iA

I haven't tried them so can't say whether they work or not
Grand Purl Baa said…
Wow Ms Knit 'n' Stitch. That Charlene Schurch youtube video is brilliant. I should have thought to look up youtube. Well done you. Charlene's 'knitting in the round on 2 circular needles' is fabulous too.

I should just book mark her for all tutorials.
planettreasures said…
I lurve the stripey socks.

Popular posts from this blog

Owl Tea Cosy

Trucker's Blankie