Like an Old Actor

I love people and I love knitting and there isn't any doubt about loving knitting people.

I have talked to large groups of people before, like a recent Saturday at the Friends of Buderim afternoon tea fundraiser. There were 130 of you easily. (see photo below)

I have taught before. Heaps. Not heaps of knitting. Some knitting. But I have taught heaps of other stuff before. Important stuff like how to play the violin and how to be very efficient at work.

So why am I feeling like a Nervous Nelly about Nundle?

Not that teaching knitting isn't important. It is probably more important than anything else. And anyway will I really be TEACHING knitting. I'll be telling stories and sharing the tips I know and discovering the tips you know and well... knitting with you.

There isn't anything at all scary about that. It will be great fun. There! I'm looking forward to it now.


I must remember to pack my woolly vests, and my scarves, and my leg ins, and my beanies, and my jumpers - that's just to keep warm girls.

It is below 10 degrees in Nundle.

Maybe that's what is making me nervous, me what grew up in New Guinea and lives in the sub-tropical Sunshine Coast.

Comments

Shell Sherree said…
My fingers just froze imagining 10 below. Perhaps you can stuff a hot water bottle into your jumper as well!
boogirl said…
Can I say "break a leg?"...
You'll be amazing and you know it. If you're amazing and you know it, clap your hands....
Sing along now.
Hamlet & Co said…
So if you knitted a giant tea cosy in the size of a jumper, with a hole at the top for your head ....

Just teasing - I second what Nicole said.

(Love that top photo by the way. Very clever.)
grrl+dog said…
what??
10 below in Nundle??
that's like arctic for a queenslander...
Grand Purl Baa said…
Now come on girls ! that would be below 10. NOT 10 below.

cold enough for me.
Peta's page said…
I have just purchased your book and hope to start knitting when I get the wool. The book is so lovely and inspiring! Thanks
Jacqui said…
come on now, you'll be fine. No, not fine, FANTASTIC even. Below 10 - shish...you northerners! Whenever I'm nervous I always think back to a particular year 9 class I had when I made a foray into high school teaching. I take a deep breath and say to myself: "NOTHING can be as bad as that class". And I'm usually right. Bless those kids - they've given me confidence for life! Good luck and have fun!! (word verification is 'bound' as in bounding joyous enthusiasm...how apt)
Mary Ann said…
I just came across your blog! I love it! I hope your book becomes a best seller!

Popular posts from this blog

Owl Tea Cosy

Trucker's Blankie