11 April 2009

Roses and Guerrilla Acts of Exuberance

A friend is getting married. It is not her first marriage. She has been on the planet almost as long as me and there is no need for the usual help-set-up-home type presents. Indeed she/they have requested "no presents". But one cannot turn up to a wedding empty handed. So here is my little gift, all knitted up with love and joy and best wishes for married life together. I have every confidence they will succeed. They have been practicing marriage with each other for at least a decade, perhaps more.




Click on photo to embiggen











Yes there are two here. The top one is made with Jo Sharp Aran Tweed, I think, the label is long gone. The flowers are made with Nundle 8ply. The second cosy is bigger and all made with Nundle 8ply wool. This pattern is in Wild Tea Cosies but can also be found for free here.

This morning I woke to this Guerrilla Act of Exuberance. Gawn. Avalook.

10 comments:

Hamlet & Co said...

Well, you made my morning - hey, make that Easter.

Red wooly roses heaps better than chocky eggs. And as for the gig in Antwerp station - now that's what I call a church!

Must be something in that Belgian chocolate...

Okay, I'm off to crochet some roses ...

mem said...

"Wow!" to the cosie, and "Yippee!" to Antwerp.

Jacqui said...

Yes that made my morning too! Very funny. Who knows what I might be tempted to do when we get off the train at Central on Tuesday.

Gorgeous tea cosy and a lovely present.

Shell Sherree said...

What, no raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens? Or bright copper kettles and warm woollen hand-knitted mittens? Oh, what the heck, I love it anyway! {My word verification is crocho.}

boogirl said...

What a lovely gift...must remember to renew my vows and invite you!

As for the dancing in Antwerp...
1. My favourite song from Sound of Music.
2. I always wanted a dress made of those curtains.
3. Doesn't everyone dance around like that to music in their head? No? Oops, I do.
4. I wonder how many people missed their train?

Purl Buttons said...

Loved it! Posted the link on my facebook.
Love,
Purl

grrl+dog said...

I am still in bed with the cup of tea watching that clip.. Love the flash mobs.. wanna be in one.

Oh, and I see you crocheted the lid.. I am just up to that part and was resisting ..so much easier to get the hook out.

Monika said...

What a lovely present (or two?)!

smileybella said...

I want to eat these, believe it or not! Delicious!! And then I would brew tea in them...

Anonymous said...

Hi Loani,

had to check you past blog about our wedding, i love your sense of humour and that you got it all spot on! thanks for the smile... and dinner last night, twas a great treat, fine food and fabulous company...what more could anyone want!
cheers,
Peta