23 November 2008

The Mystery of the Stolen Tea Cosies

Have you seen this Tea Cosy?


Beauty and the Beast. Knitted in Manx Loaghtan wool, native to the Isle or Mann, travelled by friend all the way from Ireland, across Europe to the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Held in stash for a year and a day, waiting for his Bacall, the beautiful berry hued Popcorn fancy wool, already as rare as hen’s teeth. Designed in a perfect marriage.



Beauty and the Beast was stolen. Yes STOLEN! Whisked away while no one was looking, from Berkelouw Books in Paddington, Sydney, while kindly on loan from the designer and author of Wild Tea Cosies, Loani Prior (that's me!).

Have you seen this Tea Cosy?
Sandwich Anyone. Designed with afternoon tea and sandwiches in mind. A favourite with many a tea drinker and tea cosy connoisseurs.

Sandwich Anyone was also STOLEN from Berkelouw Books.

These two tea cosies are the original tea cosies, designed and knitted and photographed for the book Wild Tea Cosies.

To you who took them, perhaps you will appreciate them even more knowing their provenance. If you should tire of them, I'd be very happy to have them home.

9 comments:

Gidgetknits said...

I have my fingers crossed your cosies come home! I've just visited your blog for the first time and those are seriously wonderful cosies. I need your book!

Chooks'r'us said...

How utterly crap is that? Why would you STEAL something so fantastic? It would completely ruin how you felt about having such a wonderful thing to know you STOLE it. Sigh. I'd be just a little bit cranky with the bookshop too although I guess they loose heaps of books too. May the person who took them repent and return and, if not, may their tea be ever cold and weak, their china chipped, and their scones as rocks that sink like stones to the bottom of their stomaches where they sit reminding them of their crapness. So sayeth I.

Chooks'r'us said...

well, obviously a rock WOULD sink like a stone but well, you know what I meant.

bowerbirdz said...

How utterly low can you go to steal an effing teacosy (meant that in the nicest possible way?!). May karma curdle the milk in the their tea!

ShelleyP said...

Ditto to all the above! Would it feel any better to hope that someone took them to give to a cold homeless person to keep his or her head warm?

ShelleyP said...

Oh wait. It's nearly summer, isn't it. Though they did have snow somewhere yesterday ...

Grand Purl Baa said...

So sayeth I too. So glad you were all so - well - far less polite than moi. Well done! It IS crap but not so much because my knitted things have disappeared but mostly because I no longer have the evidence of my friend's eccentric gift of Manx Loaghtan wool used up entirely in that tea cosy. Perhaps she'll bring me more on her next trip next year. M? You reading this?

Anonymous said...

Have just bought your lovely book and am planning lots of cosies for my friend who is having afternoon tea with tea pots and cosies for her wedding do- was absolutely gutted when I saw your missing / stolen notices - that is horrible- I hope you get them back- shame on you tea cosy thief!!

Kylie said...

There are some rude people out there - Pick up a pair of knitting needles and knit yourself your own cosy!